Twitter

Be notified when this blog is updated by following me on Twitter. @YT40

Thursday, March 29, 2007

All still to play for

AFC Totton 1 Billingham Synthonia 2

I won't dwell too long on this match. A return trip to the ground I'd visited only three weeks earlier as I like to try and do both legs of a semi final.. Only difference was a replacement bus service from Southampton Central to Totton, only a 10 minute ride. Nice to know where a ground is without pouring over maps. I also ate from the food van in the ground. GREAT CHIPS!!!! I had the first batch cooked in fresh oil, worth the trip alone. Similar sized crowd from the last match and a pretty similar game. Both sides were clearly nervous but up for it and the tie was even throughout. Billingham scored on 14 mins when a flicked header gave the keeper no chance from a free kick. Osman equalised for Totton latching onto a through ball, avoiding the keeper on the way out and slipping it into an empty net. Billingham deserved the winner if anyone did and it came on 86 minutes when their striker just got his head to the ball before the keeper could collect and the ball crept in, a real goal from nothing. Replacement bus service was 25 minutes late arriving on the way home and the train to Waterloo crawled all the way arriving 45 minutes late. But all still to play for in the second leg. Am I going to Billingham next week? Well, I'm going to try.

No comments: